Welcome to the Canadian Aboriginal Minerals Association website
|CLICK HERE to download the complete brochure
|Waneek Horn-Miller, Olympic Athlete, Social and Political Activist
The Canadian Aboriginal Mineral Association is an Aboriginal, non-profit organization which seeks to increase the understanding of the minerals industry, Aboriginal mining and Aboriginal communities' paramount interests in lands and resources. Through increasing this awareness, all parties will benefit.
Aboriginal communities and resource companies use common lands for often opposing uses and differing values.
Aboriginal communities maintain a residual and ongoing right to use lands ceded by them through treaties, while resource companies also have a right to access and use these same lands for mineral development through legislation. In the next decade how will Aboriginal communities and resource companies move from talking about consultation to evolving forms of consent?
DON'T MISS OUR 21ST ANNUAL CONFERENCE!
Exploring Values, Mining Decisions
Maximizing Community & Minerals Industry Resources for the Benefit of All.
In Vancouver, at our 21st annual conference we will discuss issues paramount to mineral development on Aboriginal lands.
Presentations will include:
- Aboriginal Rights and the Promise of Aboriginal Youth, Waneek Horn-Miller, Olympic Athlete, Social and Political Activist
- Innovative Partnership Agreements that Create Sustainable Benefits for Aboriginal Communities
- The New Gold Standard: Effective Use of Social & Traditional Media and Advocacy to Achieve Shared Project Goals
- Catalyzing Clean Energy Projects for the Mining Sector
- Aboriginal People in a Leadership Role: A Winning Imperative
- Technological Advancements in Resource Development for Environmental Protection, Mine Remediation and Reclamation for the Resource Industry
- A Gold Mine of Opportunity: Cree Readiness Strategy for Eléonore Mine
For membership information contact us at (416) 925-0866 or 1-800-443-6452 or email
CLICK HERE to open our online membership form. Visit our Membership page for more information.
Check our website for further updates. Registration will open shortly.